Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another View

I took this photo about 30 minutes ago from the veranda. We hadn't seen Mt. Rainier in several days due to poor weather, but got lucky with a view today. OK this is not really IN my garden, but let's say it inspires the gardener.

I haven't been doing much outside lately. I've moved on to my indoor hobbies for the most part. A few weeks ago I dug in a lot of bulbs around the back yard. I still have a lot more to put in the front flower bed, but I am putting it off because I would have to dig into the alyssum. The alyssum is still flowering a little so I hate to get rid of them. Maybe I should just get it over with but it's so hard to toss out a plant if it still has even one flower left. I also like to leave them to set seed. Better an alyssum than a weed, and better a plant than me out there weeding. I think the crocuses are starting to sprout while they wait in the garage to be put in the ground. I should get to it soon. I did clean out the petunias and prune back some scraggly plants. It is very fun to think of the surprises that will pop up out of the ground in spring. I hope I planted the bulbs in right.

No comments:

Post a Comment